Another vintage-style apron in the works

Making a vintage-style apron was so rewarding that I am jumping right into making another one. This time I’m using Butterick 6567 (out of print), View A.

Butterick 6567 was already in my stash. I bought a reproduction 1930s quilt fabric to make it.

Butterick 6567 was already in my stash. I bought a reproduction 1930s print quilting fabric to make it.

Here’s a better look at View A:

Note the bias tape everywhere.

Note the narrow bias tape everywhere.

The pattern calls for making 7 yards of 1/4-inch double-fold bias tape from scratch. Well, that’s just too skinny a fold to try to press when 1/4-inch bias tape is readily available. When I got to the store, I decided it looked like the fabric could pull out of those skinny little seam allowances pretty easily, so I opted for the 1/2-inch double-fold bias tape.

Even though this pattern has a bodice of sorts, I’m not bothering with any sort of full-bust adjustment. We’ll see how that goes.

Tagged: ,

One thought on “Another vintage-style apron in the works

  1. Jeannie Grandma September 3, 2014 at 9:05 am Reply

    Beautiful!

    Like

Share your thoughts ...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: