I made some great progress on the Sew Liberated Clara dress this week.
After making a muslin and checking the fit, I ended up making my usual adjustments:
- I lowered the bust point. Because the pre-existing side dart pointed up sharply, I just changed the angle. It occurs to me that I need to find the ideal spot and angle for the side dart point, then I could recreate it for each garment.
- I made a full-bust adjustment. Truthfully, now that the bodice is nearing completion, I realize that I could have made this a little larger.
- I lengthened the entire bodice by an inch. I usually lengthen by a half-inch, but this pattern seemed to need more. It’s really impossible for me to tell precisely until the skirt is attached, but for patterns from the Big Four companies, it’s usually a half-inch.
Here’s what the altered bodice front looks like:
I finished the collar (though it’s not yet full attached) and am pretty happy with the way the cording looks.
Next up, I’ll be finishing the bodice and tackling the sleeves with the interesting keyhole detail.